Started work on the new Petticoat shorts today (my first day on hiatus from AC). This week my goal is to get thumbnail storyboards, preliminary character designs, and background sketches out of the way so I can get to work on the animatics. I'm taking a new approach to the backgrounds. These shorts will make more use of depth and space than the original short. More progress reports soon!
I went to last week's ASIFA session, but after an hour of trying to capture the model my mind I got distracted by my fancy new brush pen and started thinking about turtles.
My blog logo experienced another setback this weekend when I foolishly believed that I remembered how to watercolor. Now the original has been destroyed and it's forced me to teach myself Painter in order to finish it. Hope to have it ready soon!